Crock-Pot Acorn Squash. Acorn Squash is one of my favorite squashes to eat. It has a very mild taste that can easily be combined with other flavors. Especially cinnamon or brown sugar.
Crock-Pot Acorn squash is an easy side dish to make. 5 minute prep on this dish and then the slow cooker does the rest of the work. You want the end result to be fork tender and the inside meat with be soft and tender.
You can serve immediately and use a spoon and scoop the yellow flesh out or you can scoop the flesh out and mash the squash into a mashed potato consistency and serve from a bowl. Either option is sweet and good.
Crock-Pot Acorn Squash
This quick & easy recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet Acorn Squash is the perfect side dish to go with dinner! With only 4 ingredients it couldn’t be easier to make!
- 1 medium Acorn Squash cut in half, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Cut the acorn squash in half. Remove all the seeds and score the inside flesh with a knife.
- Lay the acorn squash in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in each half of the squash. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the soft flesh.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until they are fork tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More recipes to try:
Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash