Crock-Pot Apple Pie Ala Mode Moonshine is a little twist on the traditional Apple Pie Moonshine. The added Vanilla Vodka gives it the taste of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream!
After adding the liquid to the mason jars, add a slice or two of fresh apple to the liquid. The alcohol makes this drink shelf stable and the fruit will be full of flavor when you do drink the drink.
This recipe can also be made on the stove top. Add the sugar, cinnamon sticks, whole clove and apple cider to a medium size stock pan and heat to just before it starts to boil stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and allow the liquid to cool completely. Mix in the Everclear (or Vodka) and the Vanilla Vodka and pour the liquid into quart or pint size canning jars. Secure lids and rings. Store in a cool, dark place until use. Shake before drinking. Remember this is a strong alcohol drink and caution should be used when drinking. The alcohol makes this shelf stable but you can also store it in the refrigerator. The longer this drink sits, the better the flavor will be. 30 days is recommended.
Everclear Pure Grain Alcohol is a type of hard liquor that can be found in the Midwest. Some areas do not sell Grain Alcohol. You can also use Vodka and the drink will have a similar flavor. Vodka is also a lesser proof.
More recipe to try:
Crock-Pot Apple Pie Ala Mode Moonshine
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Whole Clove
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 3 Cups 190 Proof Everclear Grain Alcohol or Vodka
- 2 Cups Vanilla Vodka
- Add the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, whole clove, white sugar, and brown sugar to a 5 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for two hours stirring occasionally to allow the sugar to fully disolve.
- Turn off the slow cooker and allow the liquid to cool completely.
- Once the liquid has cooled, stir in the grain alcohol (or vodka) and the vanilla vodka.
- Pour into bottles with lids and store in a cool, dry environment.