Crock-Pot Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole. Breakfast casseroles are easy to make. And, they are one that just about anyone will eat.
There are many different types of breakfast casseroles and what they use as their base ingredient. Some use hash browns, others use just eggs and milk. I used Bisquick for this recipe. I am not saying that using Bisquick means that it is better as any one of these are delicious.
This recipe only has bacon added to the recipe. You can add anything extra you want. Chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms and even a little ham will only enhance this casserole. It all depends on your tastes. I think of it as making a good omelet the way that I want it.
You can make this the night before, store the slow cooker crock in the refrigerator, and then cook it in the morning.
I serve from the crock using a serving spoon. When I make brunch for the family, I have 4 or 5 different ones on the counter and do a serve yourself for brunch.
More recipes like this:
Bacon and Crescent Roll Casserole
Crock-Pot Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 6 Medium Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Baking Mix
- 1 12oz bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup Colby and Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Spray a 4 qt or larger crock-pot with cooking oil.
- Add the casserole liquid to the crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.