Tis the season for family gatherings and office parties. I am always looking for a tasty little appetizer like this Crock-Pot Bacon Brown Sugar Lil’ Smokies that I can make in the slow cooker.. And every year, my kids have a few friends sleep over for New Year’s Eve and this is when I try out new treats!
This year I went with bacon wrapped appetizers. The kids love the Lil’ Smokies you make in the slow cooker with the grape jelly and BBQ sauce so I figured this would be a big hit!
The first thing to making this recipe is bacon. You are going to wrap the bacon raw around the sausage. The idea is to cook the bacon as you cook the appetizer and allow the bacon drippings to add flavor to the rest of the ingredients.
I was able to slice the bacon into thirds. The sausages are smaller and cutting the bacon into thirds still allows me to wrap the sausage completely. Lay a piece of bacon down and roll it over a sausage. Use a toothpick to secure the end to the sausage. You do not want the bacon to come off the sausage while it is cooking. Otherwise, you just have a slow cooker full of bacon and sausages.
Stack the Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies in the slow cooker and sprinkle a 1/4 cup of brown sugar over the top. Put the lid on and turn the cooker to high and cook for 2 hours. Once the Bacon Brown Sugar Lil’ Smokies are done cooking, serve on WARM from the slow cooker.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Bacon Brown Sugar Lil' Smokies
- 1 16 oz Package Lil' Smokies Sausages
- 1/4 Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 1 12 oz Package of Bacon
- Remove the bacon from its packaging. Slice the bacon into 1/3 pieces.
- Lay a piece of bacon down and roll it around one sausage. Secure the end with a toothpick. Repeat until all the sausages and bacon are wrapped.
- Stack the bacon wrapped sausages in a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar over the stacked sausages.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Serve on WARM from the slow cooker.