My grandma always made her Pot Roast in the slow cooker. She would add in her sliced potatoes and carrots and then put the lid on the slow cooker. I remember being little and watching her add food to the slow cooker and waiting for the dinner to be served. The house would fill with the delicious smells of dinner.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast cooks in 8 hours and is a great meal to add to the slow cooker before you leave for work. Dinner will be ready once you get home and ready to serve.
One of my favorite things is making leftover Pot Roast sandwiches for lunch the next day with the yummy leftovers from Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- 3 pound Beef Pot Roast
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 2 pounds Potatoes sliced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 large Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 32oz beef stock
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper. Season the roast with these spices.
- Place the roast in the bottom of a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and onions on the sides around the roast.
- Pour the beef stock around the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
More recipes to try: