This tasted like a blueberry cream cheese croissant! The cream cheese cooks in little pockets that mix with the blueberries to form a creamy blueberry taste sensation!
Easy to make. This can be served as a dessert (sprinkle powdered sugar on top) or as a breakfast casserole.
This can be cooked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a well greased 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the middle has set.
Crock-Pot Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- 1 Loaf French Bread cubed
- 1 16oz Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese cubed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 10 Medium Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extra
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper long enough to fit in the bottom of a 5 qt or larger crock-pot or a casserole crock-pot. The paper needs to cover the bottom and some of the sides.
- Add the cubed pieces of French Bread to the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the bread evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bread making sure all the bread is covered.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the edges just begin to brown and the center has set.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar.