These mixed drink “Moonshine” recipes are some of my favorite to make. I love trying to figure out how to get a certain flavor in a syrup form and into the beverage itself. A co-worker asked for a Blueberry Pie flavored recipe and this is what I came up with.
I will say that the end result is very Blueberry Pie tasting. If you want, add in a few fresh blueberries to each jar before putting the lid on. The alcohol in the recipe will keep the fruit and drink shelf stable. No need to refrigerate until you are ready to drink this beverage.
This recipe can also be made on the stove top. Add the blueberries, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, butter, lemon juice,water and pure vanilla extract to a medium size stock pan and heat to just before it starts to boil stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and allow the liquid to cool completely. Mix in the Everclear (or Vodka) and pour the liquid into quart or pint size canning jars. Secure lids and rings. Store in a cool, dark place until use. Shake before drinking. Remember this is a strong alcohol drink and caution should be used when drinking. The alcohol makes this shelf stable but you can also store it in the refrigerator. The longer this drink sits, the better the flavor will be. 30 days is recommended.
Everclear Pure Grain Alcohol is a type of hard liquor that can be found in the Midwest. Some areas do not sell Grain Alcohol. You can also use Vodka and the drink will have a similar flavor. Vodka is also a lesser proof.
More recipes to try:
Crock-Pot Blueberry Pie Moonshine
- 1 Liter 190 Proof Everclear Grain Alcohol or Vodka
- 16 Cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar packed
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 16 Cups Water
- Add the blueberries, water, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and butter to a 6 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until the blueberries become soft.
- Remove from the heat source and cool the liquid completely.
- Add the lemon juice and use an immersion blender or blender and puree the liquid completely.
- Add the Everclear (or Vodka) and mix well.
- Store in jars with lids in a cool dark place for 30 days.