Making soup in the slow cooker is not only easy but tasty. I love the varieties of soups you can start in the morning and that will be ready for dinner. This is one of those soups.
I used fresh potatoes that I peeled and chopped. When chopping potatoes, always add the fresh chopped potatoes to a pan of water. Before using the potatoes, rinse them at least once to help remove some of the starch.
An easy substitute for fresh potatoes, is using the seasoned cut potatoes you can find in the refrigerated section near the eggs. The seasoned part will add more flavor to this soup, and are a good substitute for chopping your own.
Adding cream cheese to soups to give the added creaminess and flavor to a good soup. But, a good substitute for cream cheese is heavy whipping cream. The whipping cream can be added at the same time the cream cheese would be at the end. Just long enough to heat the cream and melt the Velveeta cheese.
Have leftovers? Store extras in an air tight container for 4-6 days in the refrigerator. Heat leftovers in the microwave or the stove.
Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef browned and drained
- 2 Medium Russet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 Medium Carrots peeled and diced
- 3 Celery Stalks peeled and diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Pound Velveeta Cheese chunked
- 8 oz Cream Cheese cubed
- Add the cooked beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder and chicken broth to a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker. (DO NOT add the Velveeta or cream cheese yet.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Add the Velveeta cheese and cream cheese in cubes into the soup. Stirring occassionally.
- Cover and cook for one additional hour on LOW.
- Serve and enjoy!