I talk a lot about my favorites. This is my number one favorite dessert. I have tried cooking it in the oven with little luck but each time I cook it in the slow cooker, it comes out perfect.
The biggest point to remember about cheesecake is to follow the recipe to the “T”. It is important to do one egg at a time. Cheesecake is easy to make but it is also easy to fail.
If your slow cooker is large enough. Use a baking dish that will sit just inside the crock. Put the cheesecake batter in the baking dish and set the dish in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a little water to the bottom of the slow cooker careful not to get any of the water on the batter. I use this way of cooking the cheesecake if I want more of a perfect pie shaped piece.
I have had luck both ways of cooking the cheesecake in the slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons Stick Butter melted
- 3 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cups White Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Using a larger 5 qt or 6 qt crock-pot, cut a piece of parchment paper long enough to cover the bottom of the crock-pot plus the sides. Fit this paper inside the crock-pot and spray with cooking oil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the graham crackers and stir. this will be your crust. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in each egg one at a time, stirring after you add each egg.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Dump the graham cracker crust into the crock-pot and use a spoon to form the crust starting with the bottom of the crock-pot and work in any extra crust up the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust evenly.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or until the middle has set. If any moisture gathers on the inside of the lid, use a paper towel to wipe the moisture away.
- Remove the crock from the heating element and allow the cheese cake to cool in the refrigerator.
- Remove the cheesecake by pulling up the parchment paper on both sides. Remove the parchment paper and enjoy.