Crock-Pot Cheesy Spinach Squares is a delicious make ahead appetizer for a holiday party or a great side dish to complement a Sunday meal. Easy and cheesy and yummy! This is a recipe that has been around for years and is slowly making a come back.
Can I make this with fresh spinach?
Absolutely! This recipe is just as tasty using fresh spinach as it is using frozen spinach. You will need to cook the spinach on the stove prior to adding it to this recipe.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Olive oil to a sauce pan and heat on low heat.
- Place the fresh spinach in the sauce pan and cover with a lid.
- Allow the spinach to cook on low heat for about 3 minutes. The spinach should be fairly wilted.
- Next, remove from the heat and allow to sit covered for another minute.
- Finally, chop the spinach and add it to the recipe.
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers of Crock-Pot Cheesy Spinach Squares wrapped in foil or placed in an air tight container or even a ziploc baggie. Leftovers will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Crock-Pot Cheesy Spinach Squares
- 1 Casserole crock-pot or 5 qt crock-pot or larger.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup All Purpose White Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 10oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed to drain
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, flour and baking powder until well blended.
- Next, add in cheese, spinach and onions.
- Add mixture to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until the middle has set and the edges have begun to brown.
- Remove from heat and serve.