Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine is a tasty adult beverage made with just 4 ingredients. Sweet taste of cherries infuse the alcohol so you do not even taste the alcohol itself.
After adding the beverage to a jar, add in a couple fresh cherries with the stem into the liquid. Add the lid and store for at least 30 days to allow the alcohol to take on the cherry pie flavor. The nice thing about this drink is the alcohol makes the beverage shelf stable so the fruit does not go bad or the juice if you store it on a shelf or in a cabinet.
This recipe can also be made on the stove top. Add the sugar, canned cherries and cherry juice to a medium size stock pan and heat to just before it starts to boil stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and allow the liquid to cool completely. Mix in the Everclear (or Vodka) and pour the liquid into quart or pint size canning jars. Secure lids and rings. Store in a cool, dark place until use. Shake before drinking. Remember this is a strong alcohol drink and caution should be used when drinking. The alcohol makes this shelf stable but you can also store it in the refrigerator. The longer this drink sits, the better the flavor will be. 30 days is recommended.
Everclear Pure Grain Alcohol is a type of hard liquor that can be found in the Midwest. Some areas do not sell Grain Alcohol. You can also use Vodka and the drink will have a similar flavor. Vodka is also a lesser proof.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Cherry Pie Moonshine
- 1 30oz Canned Cherries in Juice
- 1 32oz Bottled Cherry Juice
- 2 Cups Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Cups 190 Proof Everclear Grain Alcohol or Vodka
- Add the canned cherries in juice, cherry juice and the white sugar to a 5 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Cover and cook with the lid slightly ajar on LOW for 2 hours.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Stir in the alcohol.
- Pour the liquid into jars with lids. Cover and store in a cool dark place or the refrigerator.
- Drink responsibly.