This salad packed with flavor is a meal in itself! Loaded with crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, yummy chicken, crumbled bacon and a tasty honey mustard salad dressing!
What is Cobb Salad?
The original Cobb salad was brought about in 1937 and has become a famous American dish similar to a Chef’s salad. It starts with a bed of green leafy lettuce with rows of ingredients over the top and served with a tasty vinaigrette dressing.
What is the best Chicken Cobb salad dressing?
This is a question best answered by the person enjoying the salad. A traditional dressing for a Chicken Cobb salad is a vinaigrette dressing. For this recipe, I used my favorite Honey Mustard dressing. An Avocado Ranch would also work.
Variations to this salad.
- Add Blue Cheese Crumbles or Feta Cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Diced fresh cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes
- Make this salad into a wrap with a tortilla!
Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1-2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise (more for creaminess)
Crock-Pot Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 4 qt or larger slow cooker
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all purpose seasoning
- 1 14.5o can low sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium hard boiled egg sliced
- 1 16oz bacon cooked, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 medium head Romaine lettuce about 5 cups chopped
- honey mustard dressing
- Season the chicken with the all purpose seasoning.
- Place each chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth.
- cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut to your liking.
- Assemble the salad.