Crock-Pot Chocolate Caramel Dump Cake
Saturday nights at my house are for kids and sleepovers. I try to have something in the slow cooker that the kids will like and since we are likely to have a few of the same friends over so I try and change up the dessert option.
These are one of many “Dump Cake” options in which the main ingredients is a boxed cake mix. I have used name brand boxed cake mixes or store brand cake mixes and have found there is no difference in taste.
The Crock-Pot Chocolate Caramel Cake was moist and delicious. A scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side with a drizzle of caramel over the top. The kids loved it! We had a little left over that will be dessert later in the week.
Want to take this dessert to a new level? Add in a few extra ingredients on top of the batter. You can add in
- chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- chopped up Oreo cookies
This Crock-Pot Chocolate Caramel Dump Cake recipe can also be made in the oven. You will need a 9×13 greased baking dish and the oven preheated to 350 degrees. Follow the instructions for the crock-pot version but adding the batter to the baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the middle bounces back to the touch and looks completely cooked. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool slightly. Then cut or spoon the Chocolate Caramel Dump Cake into bowls and top with your favorite topping or eat as is.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Caramel Chocolate Dump Cake
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix dry mix only
- 1 3 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- In a medium bowls, mix the milk and the instant pudding mix.
- Add the dry cake mix and mix well.
- Add the cake batter to a well greased 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 cup caramel over the top of the batter evenly as possible.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours.
- Spoon the finished cake in a bowl. Drizzle a portion of the remaining caramel over each piece of cake and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!