Shredded chicken with a hint of cilantro and lime! Great for tacos or nachos or even on top of a good mix of salad greens.
I love how easy shredded chicken is to make in my slow cooker. Just add the ingredients and put the lid on the crock-pot. Everything is slow cooked making the meat tender and juicy and full of the flavor of the ingredients you added. You can not get any better!
Use a couple of forks and shred the chicken once it is done and leave just enough liquid in the slow cooker and add the chicken back into the juices. This helps keep the chicken juicy and all you need is a slotted spoon to remove the meat and add to your plate.
I love the shredded Cilantro Lime Chicken on tacos with my favorite toppings of chopped tomatoes, onions and a little sour cream and shredded cheese. Squeeze a fresh lime over the meat for a little extra flavor.
I store the leftovers in a air tight container with some of the extra juices in the container. The extra juice keeps the meat full of flavor and moist. Heat up a little the next day and sprinkle it on top of a nice spread of salad greens and your favorite dressing. This shredded chicken is great on tacos and salads.
Crock-Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- 3 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Mild Salsa
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Freshed Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Medium Lime juiced
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the water, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salsa, minced garlic, chili powder and Italian seasoning.
- Add the thawed chicken breasts to the bottom of a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- Pour the liquid marinade over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the cooked chicken with two forks. Leave enough liquid in the slow cooker to cover the chicken.
- Add in the chopped cilantro and lime juice and mix well.
- Use the shredded chicken as your base for tacos or nachos.