Crock-Pot Copycat Chili’s Queso Dip
Our family’s favorite restaurant is Chili’s Bar & Grill. My kids love the chicken strips and I love their Steak & Shrimp Fajitas. We both love their Queso dip as an appetizer. My kids love dipping their tortilla chips in the warm dip and it gives us time to talk. But, I can do this at home and have more quality time with my kids.
This is the closest copycat recipe I have found to their dip. My kids love it and request it at home. I love that I can make it at home and it is cheaper than eating out. Eating out always costs around $40 for a family of three. I can make this dip for under $10 and I do not even have to leave the house.
This is one recipe I make at least once a month. I make a double batch each time and store the leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator. My kids are able to spoon out enough for a snack and heat it in the microwave.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Chili's Copycat Queso Dip
- 1 16oz Block of Processed American Cheese cubed
- 1 15oz Canned Chili with No Beans
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2-4 Teaspoons Ground Chili Powder
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices. Set aside.
- Add the processed American cheese, chili, milk and lime juice to a 4 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Sprinkle in the spices.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chips on WARM.