Crock-Pot Green Beans and Bacon
5 ingredients in this yummy recipe. Slow cooked green beans with the added flavor of bacon and the sweetness of maple syrup and brown sugar.
This is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the slow cooker. Favorite so much, that my good friend and neighbor John made them one year for my birthday. They are yummy straight from the slow cooker, but also are great re-heated.
This is one recipe that is best cooked slow. You want the beans and bacon flavors to almost fuse together and take on a little of each’s flavor.
Crock-Pot Easy Green Beans and Bacon
- 2 14.5oz Canned Green Beans drained
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 12oz bacon cooked,drained and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- On the stove top, heat the bacon and onion in a skillet until the bacon is just cooked. Drain any drippings.
- Add the bacon and onion and the remaining ingredients to a 4 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!