This bread cooks up with a nice crust and moist center.
Pumpkin is grown near where I live. In the fall, the pumpkin trucks drive all day and night back and forth from the country to the Libby plant. I love using pumpkin as a substitute for baking. We make a little bit of everything pumpkin!
This bread can also be baked in the oven. Preheat the oven 325 degrees. Use two well greased 8×4 loaf pans. Baked the bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Crock-Pot Fall Pumpkin Bread
Warm pumpkin bread. Soft in the middle with a nice outside crust.
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose White Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- In a bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix vegetable oil and brown sugar.
- Add the egg into the second bowl and mix in well.
- Now add in the pumpkin puree to the second bowl and again, mix well.
- Mix the powder ingredients from the first bowl to the liquid of the second bowl.
- Line a 5 or 6 qt slow cooker with a piece of parchment paper long enough to allow the bread to be removed by it. Spray the parchment paper with cooking oil.
- Add the mixture to the crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours to 2 hours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the bread by pulling up on the parchment paper.
- Serve in slices with butter or warm scooped and served with a side of vanilla ice cream.
This bread can also be baked in the oven. Preheat the oven 325 degrees. Use two well greased 8x4 loaf pans. Baked the bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!