This bread cooks up with a nice crust and moist center.
Pumpkin is grown near where I live. In the fall, the pumpkin trucks drive all day and night back and forth from the country to the Libby plant. I love using pumpkin as a substitute for baking. We make a little bit of everything pumpkin!
This bread can also be baked in the oven. Preheat the oven 325 degrees. Use two well greased 8×4 loaf pans. Baked the bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Crock-Pot Fall Pumpkin Bread
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose White Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- In a bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix vegetable oil and brown sugar.
- Add the egg into the second bowl and mix in well.
- Now add in the pumpkin puree to the second bowl and again, mix well.
- Mix the powder ingredients from the first bowl to the liquid of the second bowl.
- Line a 5 or 6 qt slow cooker with a piece of parchment paper long enough to allow the bread to be removed by it. Spray the parchment paper with cooking oil.
- Add the mixture to the crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours to 2 hours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the bread by pulling up on the parchment paper.
- Serve in slices with butter or warm scooped and served with a side of vanilla ice cream.