I am a big fan of French Onion Soup. Piping hot with a slice of French Bread toasted on top with bubbly melted cheese. YUMMY! The sauce on these pork chops come out very similar to the French Onion Soup but with an added plus of a pork chop.
These pork chops are cooked in the slow cooker and with only 5 ingredients. They come out moist and delicious and fork tender. The onions are cooked to perfection and the sauce with the added sour cream is creamy and delicious.
I served this over white rice but this would be tasty over mashed potatoes or even egg noodles.
You do not need to use bone in chops like I did as this recipe works with boneless chops but remember boneless cook quicker than bone in chops. I keep on eye on the pork loin prices and purchase a whole loin when the price per pound is low enough. The butcher will slice the loin anyway you like. Half chops and half as a loin and I have a couple of meals!
Crock-Pot French Onion Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 10.5 oz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 10.5 oz French Onion Soup
- 1 Medium Sweet Yellow Onion
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Pour broth into the bottom of a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- Place pork chops and the sliced onions in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the cooked pork chops and drain any excess liquids making sure to keep the onions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the French Onion Soup and the sour cream. Pour this over the chops.
- Add the pork chops back to the slow cooker with the onions. Pour the French Onion soup mixture over the top.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes on HIGH.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.