Crock-Pot Grandma’s Pot Roast
I grew up with my grandmother living in the house. We were not wealthy by any means. But, from time to time, grandma would cook a roast in her light green slow cooker that she would leave on the counter. She would start it in the morning, and by the 5 o’clock news, dinner was ready.
My sisters and I loved the roast for dinner. We also enjoyed the leftovers that some times we would make into a sandwich.
This recipe is what I remember my grandmother made. She always served the roast with a side of homemade mashed potatoes.
Crock-Pot Grandma's Pot Roast
- 3 pound Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry spice ingredients. Rub these spices on the chuck roast.
- Place the roast in a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker. Add the carrots around the roast along with the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and enjoy!