Homemade granola with rolled oats, slivered almonds, honey and a touch of vanilla. Tasty homemade granola great for a snack or with milk for breakfast!
Easy add ins!
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- substitute maple syrup for the honey
- dried fruit (apples, bananas, berries, apricots)
- chopped walnuts instead of the almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
How to store Homemade Granola
Keep the dried granola in an air tight container or zipper baggie for up to 7 days. You can also store the granola in a canning jar with a lid.
Can I make this in the oven
This recipe is just as easy to make in the oven. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey and oil. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and toss until evenly coated. Pour the granola onto a cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Bake in a preheated 250 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so.
Crock-Pot Honey Granola with Almonds
- 1 4 qt or larger slow cooker
- 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Add the oats and sliced almonds to the slow cooker bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix oil, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Pour the liquid over the oats/almonds and toss well until all pieces are coated.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Pour the cooked granola on the paper and spread out. Allow the granola to cool.