We love Lemon Squares.. It is one of my families favorite type of dessert bars that I make that everyone loves to snack on. These little bite size snacks taste just like those little Lemon Squares with all their goodness in a small hand snack. One lemon is all you need to bring the full flavor of this to life. I prefer to zest the lemon prior to juicing it. It makes it easier to have a hard piece of fruit to zest the peel and you get more of the zest this way.
Can I use lemon juice?
You can substitute lemon juice for the fresh lemon in this recipe. There are a few things you can use in replace of the lemon zest.
- Orange zest
- lemon extract. 1 teaspoon of lemon zest = 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract
- lemon juice. Add in a little more lemon juice and a pinch of sugar. 1 teaspoon lemon zest = 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- dried lemon peel. 1 tablespoon lemon zest = 1/3 tablespoon dried lemon peel
How do I store Lemon Buddies?
Store this snack in a ziploc gallon bag or an airtight contianer for up to one week. Trust me, it will not last that long!
Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies
- 6 Cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 6oz White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 Medium Lemon Juiced
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a 5 qt crock-pot, melt the white almond bark (30 minutes to 1 hour max)
- Add in the juice of one lemon. Stir well.
- Stir in the chex cereal until all pieces are coated.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper or foil on a cookie sheet. Drop the chex mixture onto the paper/foil and spread it out to allow it to dry.
- Once the chocolate has dried, add the powdered sugar to a ziploc bag. Add in the cereal, and toss to coat.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.