Crock-Pot Mexican Spinach Dip. Cream cheese based dip with spinach and diced tomatoes.
Many of my food items I cook go to work with me. I work with a great bunch of guys and gals that do not mind trying different recipes. They help me with their opinions on what they think works and what does not work. I can also tell if something works on how fast they “smash” the food. Apparently, this is a good thing and it entails eating a lot all at once of something good.
My local store ran a sale on their canned vegetables. This is when I discovered canned spinach. I have always used frozen spinach in my recipes. I tried a few cans and found that they are just as good as the frozen spinach. And, I am not using up my freezer space for it.
Serve this Crock-Pot Mexican Spinach Dip with slices of French bread or tortilla chips.
Crock-Pot Mexican Spinach Dip
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese cubed and softened
- 2 10.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatos and Green Chiles drained
- 1 10 oz canned or frozen spinach squeezed the excess water out
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 small Yellow Onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 small jalapenos seeds removed and diced
- Add all the ingredients to a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sliced bread, pita or tortilla chips.