Crock-Pot Ranch Potatoes are easy to make and taste fabulous. Take these up just a notch and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the potatoes before serving or shredded fresh Parmesan cheese.
What type of Potatoes to use
Any type of potatoes will make this Crock-Pot Ranch Potato recipe good. But, I prefer the smaller red or Yukon potatoes. They halve and quarter nicely and are bite size naturally. But, I have made this recipe using larger red potatoes and sliced them into rounds.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup dry buttermilk powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
Use 2 Tablespoons of the Homemade Ranch Dressing for one packet of dry ranch mix. Store the remainder in a zipock bag or a small air tight container.
Crock-Pot Ranch Potatoes
- 3 pounds Red Potatoes washed and halved
- 1 packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Wash and halve the potatoes. Toss with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ranch seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the top of the potatoes and toss well.
- Add the potatoes to a 4 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.