Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled pork takes some of easiest ingredients to make the most tasty and delicious pulled pork ever made. Root beer cooked in a slow cooker gives the meat a smokey flavor.
A slow cook always makes for the most tender pork. One that falls apart and is full of flavor. Cooking almost any meat in the slow cooker allows for the juices to cook back into the meat slowly. By far the best way to get moist and tender pulled pork!
Crock-Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 5-6 qt slow cooker
- 4-5 Pound Pork Shoulder Butt
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 12oz Root Beer Soda
- 1 16oz BBQ Sauce
- 8 Toasted Buns
- Place the pork shoulder butt in a 5 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Add in the sliced onion and pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 8 hours or until the pork is fork tender.
- Remove the pork and shred with two forks.
- Place the meat back in the crock-pot and add in the BBQ Sauce. Stir well.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour on LOW.
- Serve on buns. Enjoy!