Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken Taco. This is a simple but tasty recipe for shredded chicken taco meat.
Having two kids that are always on the go for some sort of activity or school event, it is nice to have items that are in the fridge that they can heat up. I like to keep a couple choices so they can have something good and something that they like to eat.
This will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days or up to 2 months in the freezer. I like to make this in bulk, and then freeze it is quart size bags. I can take a bag out of the freezer and allow it to thaw in the fridge. A quick reheat and we can have nachos or tacos or even burritos.
The recipe can be doubled or even tripled and frozen for later use. I like using this for tacos, burritos or even nachos.
Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 14.5oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Pour the liquid over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the crock-pot.
- Serve using a slotted spoon to remove the chicken minus the liquid.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.