Crock-Pot Shrimp and Corn Chowder Recipe
If you’re a fan of seafood and chowder, you’ll love this crock-pot shrimp and corn chowder recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and a crock-pot, you can have a warm and comforting bowl of chowder ready to enjoy in no time.
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a crock-pot, combine the shrimp, frozen corn, chopped onion, minced garlic, condensed cream of potato soup, and chicken broth.
- Cover the crock-pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, until the shrimp are fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir in the half-and-half and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
This crock-pot shrimp and corn chowder is creamy, flavorful, and perfect for cold days or when you’re in need of a comforting meal. The combination of shrimp, corn, and cream of potato soup creates a rich and hearty base, while the half-and-half adds a touch of creaminess without being too heavy.
This recipe is also versatile and can be customized to your liking. If you prefer a spicier chowder, you can add some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes. And if you’re looking to add some extra vegetables, you can throw in some diced potatoes, carrots, or celery.
When it comes to serving, this crock-pot shrimp and corn chowder pairs perfectly with crusty bread, oyster crackers, or a side salad. And if you’re looking to make this recipe ahead of time, you can cook it in the crock-pot for the recommended time and then refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve. Simply reheat the chowder on the stove or in the microwave and you’re good to go.
In conclusion, crock-pot shrimp and corn chowder is a delicious and comforting meal that’s perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients and a crock-pot, you can have a warm and hearty bowl of chowder ready to enjoy in no time. So the next time you’re in the mood for seafood and chowder, give this recipe a try!
Crock-Pot Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- 2 14.5 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 Pound Salad Shrimp
- 3 Medium Potatoes cubed
- 1 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 10.5 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 4 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 Medium Yellon Onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Peppers diced
- 1 12 oz bacon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- On the stove top, cook the bacon. Remove bacon, cool, chop and set to the side.
- Add the onions, green peppers and carrots to the bacon drippings. Saute and drain.
- Add the sauteed vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, potatoes, shrimp, pepper, and corn to a 5 at or larger crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Add in milk, bacon and evaporated milk.
- Cover and Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve with French Baguettes.