I like to purchase a larger piece of sirloin steak and slice it fairly thin to use for this Crock-Pot Steak Sandwiches recipe. Make sure you knife is nice and sharp before slicing the meat. This helps to make nice even cuts.
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let the cooker do all the work. The meat comes out nice and tender and full of flavor. You will also have a little bit of juices left over and can serve this as Au Jous to dip your sandwiches in for extra flavor.
I have made this recipe with both thinly sliced beef sirloin and also venison. If you are using venison, use a back leg roast piece and freeze it. Freezing it makes it easier to slice in my opinion. You do not want it completely frozen, but just to the point that you can use a knife on it. Slice thin slices lengthwise.
With Venison meat, I always rinse my venison before using it to remove some of the blood and then add in two teaspoons of ground cinnamon to the recipes. Cinnamon helps take out the “gamey” taste that venison can have and you do not taste the cinnamon in the recipe. Then cook the Venison meat like you would regular beef. I substitute Venison in most beef recipes when I can.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Steak Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 Pounds Beef Sirloin Steak or venison sliced thin
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion peeled and sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 10.5 oz Canned Beef Consomme
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Rolls
- 6 slices Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Heat a medium skillet set over medium heat on the stove top. Add the sliced beef and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder and sear the steak on both sides.
- Add the steak and onions and any juices to 5 qt slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns with a slice of cheese.