Crock-Pot Strawberry Jam is full of strawberry goodness. Easy to make and one that tastes better than the store brought brands. I love to spread it in a toasted muffin, hot biscuits, or even just a slice of toast for breakfast.
I have made this recipe with both fresh picked strawberries and frozen strawberries. Both make for delicious Crock-Pot Strawberry Jam.
My family prefers their strawberry jam with out too much chunks. I run the jam in a food processor before putting the jam in jars. This helps limit the chunks and makes the jam more smoother. My kids like to spread this on toast in the mornings before getting on the bus. The jam spreads easier and from what my youngest says, it makes it taste better.
- 1 5 quart slow cooker
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries washed, tops removed, sliced
- 4 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1.75 oz pectin
- Add ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- With a fork, mix the ingredients.
- Add the items to a 4-5 qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Allow the jam to cool.
- You can process it in the food processor or blender if you like it less chunky.
- Add to jars and store with an air tight lid in the refrigerator.
More recipes to try: