Crock-Pot Sweet Hawaiian Chicken.
Sweet Hawaiian Chicken slow cooked in the crock-pot. Brown sugar, sweet pineapple juice and soy sauce combine to make a sweet sauce that infuses in the chicken. If you use chicken breasts, you can serve the breasts whole or slice them before serving. This recipe also makes a great shredded chicken that is tasty on a salad.
Serve the chicken over white or brown rice or on a bed of fresh leafy greens with a little of the juices on top as a dressing.
Remember that chicken needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Chicken needs to be cooked to this temperature and have no pink meat. And even in a slow cooker, chicken can be cooked too long and will come out dry and tough. Each slow cooker cooks at a different temperature and it is important to know how you slow cooker cooks. I have an older slow cooker that cooks at a lower temperature then my newer 6qt slow cooker.
More recipes like this:
Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
Crock-Pot Sweet Hawaiian Chicken
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Add the chicken to the crock-pot and pour the liquid over the top.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
- Slice the chicken or shred with a fork.
- Spoon the leftover liquid into a sauce pan. Whisk in the corn starch on low heat until the liquid has thickened.
- Serve over rice.