Crock-Pot White Bean Chicken Chili is full of chicken, beans and flavor! I don’t make this that often, but when I do, it is a huge hit.
Each spoonful has at least a couple white beans and some chicken and then if you are lucky, a little heat in the jalapeno.
If you have leftovers, this stores well in the refrigerator in an air tight container. I do not recommend freezing this chili. The sour cream will separate and doesn’t freeze well.
How can you thicken White Bean Chicken Chili?
If desired, stir together corn starch and water and add to the chili to thicken it. You can also add 4oz cream cheese to give it a more creamier and thicker taste.
What can I serve my chili with?
- Tabasco sauce
- avocado slices
- lime wedges
- shredded cheddar or cheddar jar cheese
- diced jalapenos
- pico de gallo
Crock-Pot White Bean Chicken Chili
- 4 15.5oz Cans of Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 4oz diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper chopped
- On the stove top, heat the olive oil, onions, celery and minced garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the onion mixture and the remaining ingredients to a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve with toasted French bread.
If you want less “heat”, do not add in the Jalapenos.