This is one of my favorite bread recipes to make. The bread comes out moist in the middle and with a nice crispy crust.
If you have a large enough crock-pot, an oven safe bread pan can be used to make this recipe. Fill up the pan 3/4 the way with batter and set the dish in the crock-pot.
This recipe calls for 3 cups of shredded zucchini. A large zucchini will make a little more than necessary for this recipe. Great way to make use of the larger zucchini’s!
Can This be Made in the Oven
This is my families favorite summer bread recipe. The Zucchini Bread recipes was given to me by a neighbor when I was growing up. I remember as a kid making this recipe in my grandma’s kitchen. We always doubled the recipe so we could have an extra loaf in the freezer for another day.
To make this in the oven, spray a bread loaf pan with cooking oil and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the batter to the loaf pan until the pan is about 3/4’s filled. Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread
- 3 Cups Grated Zucchini drained
- 3 Medium Egg
- 3 Cups All Purpose White Flour
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- In a bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Now mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper that will fit on the bottom and the sides of the crock-pot. Fit the paper in a 5 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Spray cooking oil on the parchment paper.
- Pour the batter in the crock-pot evenly.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until the a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove the crock from the heating element.
- Using both hands, remove the parchment paper and the bread from the crock-pot.
- Allow to cool and slice.