Crock-Pot Brats and Sauerkraut
Brats slow cooked with sweet onions, sauerkraut and beer to perfection. Serve this at your next party with Swiss Cheese and the homemade sauce.
- 10 Brats
- 2 Large Sweet Onions sliced
- 14 oz Sauerkraut rinsed and well-drained
- 3 12 oz light beer
- 10 Hoagie Buns split
- 10 Swiss Cheese Slices
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Onion finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Brown the brats in a skillet or on a grill and add to the crock-pot.
Top with onion and sauerkraut. Pour beer over the brats.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 8 hours.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce.
Add a slice of cheese to a hoagie bun and top with a brat, sauerkraut and a little sauce. Enjoy!