Crock-Pot French Onion Soup
Crock-Pot French Onion Soup full of flavor and topped with bubbly melted cheese and French Bread! Easy to make and delicious.
- 3 Large Yellow Onions peeled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 6 10.5oz Canned Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf
- 1 Sprig Fresh Thyme
- 6-12 Slices French Bread
- 1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
On the stove top in a medium skillet, heat the onions, garlic and brown sugar until the onions are caramelized.
Add the cooked onions, beef broth, garlic, bay leaf and thyme to a 4 qt or larger crock-pot.
Cover and Cook on LOW for 5 hours.
Add soup to ovenproof bowls and top with a slice or two of French bread.
Top with a mixture of both Parmesan and Swiss cheese.
Place the bowls on a cookie sheet and put them in the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
Serve and enjoy!