I love trying new things in my slow cookers. It always amazes me what I can make in them that I would never think was possible. And, I know people ask why they would ever need to make things like bread in a slow cooker. I have heard from people that spend the majority of their time on the road and the only thing they have to cook with is a crock-pot. And, there are some that do not have a working oven. A crock-pot is the next best thing!
Each slice of this bread is filled with cheesy goodness and bacon. Warm and serve with a tab of butter and this was out of this world!
I took this bread to share it with my co-workers. Everyone love the texture and taste of this bread. It was gone before lunch time!
Linked up with The Answer is Chocolate
and Kathleen Aherne
Crock-Pot Bacon Cheddar Bread
- 3 Cups Warm Water
- 2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 6 Cups all purpose flour
- 3 Cups Shreddar Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 12 oz Package of Bacon cooked and chopped
- On the stove top, cook the bacon. Drain and drippings. Allow the bacon to cool and then chop the bacon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the warm water, salt and sugar. Allow 15 minutes for the yeast to activate and bubble.
- Once the yeast has activated, slowly mix in the flour until all the flour is mixed in and the dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and set in a warm spot. Allow the dough to rise for about an hour until the dough is twice it's size.
- Once the dough has risen, mix in the cheese and bacon.
- Line the bottom of a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker with a piece of parchment paper. Spray cooking oil on the parchment paper.
- Form the dough into a loaf and place it on top of the parchment paper in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours or until the bread is cooked in the middle and slightly brown on the sides.
- Remove the bread by pulling up on the parchment paper. Slice and enjoy!