This tasted like a blueberry cream cheese croissant! The cream cheese cooks in little pockets that mix with the blueberries to form a creamy blueberry taste sensation!
Easy to make. This can be served as a dessert (sprinkle powdered sugar on top) or as a breakfast casserole.
This can be cooked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a well greased 9×13 baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the middle has set.
Crock-Pot Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
Cream cheese pockets with blueberries! Top with powdered sugar. Crowd pleaser!
- 1 Loaf French Bread cubed
- 1 16oz Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese cubed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 10 Medium Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extra
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper long enough to fit in the bottom of a 5 qt or larger crock-pot or a casserole crock-pot. The paper needs to cover the bottom and some of the sides.
- Add the cubed pieces of French Bread to the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the bread evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bread making sure all the bread is covered.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the edges just begin to brown and the center has set.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar.
This can be cooked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a well greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the middle has set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!