I love eating fresh blueberries and baking with them. One of my favorite ways to use them is slightly frozen and in my frosted flakes! My kids like it when I make homemade blueberry muffins or bread. This Crock-Pot Blueberry Orange Bread is very tasty and full of flavor.
This is a tasty and delicious blueberry bread with a hint of orange in it. The orange juice just adds to the flavor of the bread and brings out the taste of the blueberries.
You can use orange juice but make sure it is pulp free. If you use fresh oranges, about two oranges will give you enough juice for this recipe.
Tips for making Crock-Pot Blueberry Orange Bread
- Purchase blueberries in season. Freeze them in freezer bags with at least two cups of blueberries in them. Store them for 3-4 months in the freezer.
- I squeeze any oranges my family does not eat. I then freeze this orange juice for use in recipes.
Crock-Pot Blueberry Orange Bread
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 Cup Orange Juice about 3 oranges fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose White Flour
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, sugar, oil and orange juice.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt into the liquid and mix well.
- Slowly mix in the flour until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the blueberries and slowly fold in with a spatula.
- Line a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker with parchment paper leaving extra on each end for ease of removal.
- Spray the inside of the parchment paper with cooking oil.
- Pour the batter in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours to 3 hours or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the bread by pulling up on the parchment paper. Allow the bread to cool and slice.