Crock-Pot Brats with Beer is a tasty entree to serve at your next get together. Serve this as your main dish along with baked beans, chips and some fresh veggies as side dishes.
I chose to use a regular American Beer for this recipe. By American, I mean The Budweiser, Busch or even a Coors type of beer will do just fine. You really do not want a deep dark or even a pale ale for this recipe. The later beers bring a lot of flavor that would just overwhelm this recipe.
Your buns could be toasted or not toasted. I like to serve an option of both and also a few slices of Cheddar, Swiss and even Provolone cheese for quests to choose from to add to their brat.
I have made this recipe using regular brats, beer brats and also the cheddar brats. My favorite are the cheddar brat but that is more personal taste. Whatever brat you choose, the recipe will be delicious.
I used 2 onions for this recipe. But, if you like and want more onions to top on your brat, add in another onion sliced or two more onions. I love topping my brat with extra cooked onions and it really just adds to the flavor of the meal.
More recipes to try:
Crock-Pot Brats with Beer
- 10 Brats
- 2 Medium Sweet Onions sliced
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 12 oz American Beer
- Brown brats in a skillet and place in the slow cooker.
- Top brats with onions slices, garlic, salt, black pepper and butter tabs.
- Pour in beer and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Add brats to buns and top with the cooked onions and your favorite toppings.