A nice Crock-Pot Chicken Alfredo made in the slow cooker. 3 hours from start to eat! Loaded with chunks of moist chicken tossed in a creamy garlic and parmesan sauce. Once done, serve over cooked spaghetti noodles or egg noodles for dinner.
Can I Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Crock-Pot
The nice thing about chicken and a slow cooker, is you can cook the chicken frozen or thawed. Frozen tends to add a little more liquid (water) to the recipe. So keep that in mind.
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. I do not recommend freezing any leftovers due to the heavy cream in this recipe. Any dairy product will “separate” in the freezer. It does not change the taste of the recipe, but makes the recipe look odd.
Crock-Pot Chiken Alfredo
- 4-5 quart slow cooker
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 16 oz Linguini Noodles
- 1/3 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- In a slow cooker, add chicken, heavy cream, butter, and broth. Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and shred with two forks, then set aside.
- Add the noodles and Parmesan Cheese to the slow cooker and cook until the noodles are tender. About 20-25 minutes
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and serve over noodles.