This salad packed with flavor is a meal in itself! Loaded with crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, yummy chicken, crumbled bacon and a tasty honey mustard salad dressing!
What is Cobb Salad?
The original Cobb salad was brought about in 1937 and has become a famous American dish similar to a Chef’s salad. It starts with a bed of green leafy lettuce with rows of ingredients over the top and served with a tasty vinaigrette dressing.
What is the best Chicken Cobb salad dressing?
This is a question best answered by the person enjoying the salad. A traditional dressing for a Chicken Cobb salad is a vinaigrette dressing. For this recipe, I used my favorite Honey Mustard dressing. An Avocado Ranch would also work.
Variations to this salad.
- Add Blue Cheese Crumbles or Feta Cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Diced fresh cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes
- Make this salad into a wrap with a tortilla!
Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1-2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise (more for creaminess)
Crock-Pot Chicken Cobb Salad
Perfect slow cooker chicken breasts that are juicy and flavorful. Use this chicken with salads, sandwiches or as part of your main dish. Perfect for bath cooking for the freezer.
- 1 4 qt or larger slow cooker
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all purpose seasoning
- 1 14.5o can low sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium hard boiled egg sliced
- 1 16oz bacon cooked, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 medium head Romaine lettuce about 5 cups chopped
- honey mustard dressing
- Season the chicken with the all purpose seasoning.
- Place each chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth.
- cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut to your liking.
- Assemble the salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!