This Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cake turned out moist and delicious. I made the mistake of cutting it right out of the crock-pot and you can see from the pictures that the chips were still warm.
The cake took two hours to cook in the slow cooker. I used my 6 quart slow cooker and lined it with parchment paper. Leave extra parchment paper over the sides to make it easier to remove the cake once it is done cooking.
I served this after dinner and with a pot of hot tea and everyone loved it. I had to explain that the cake had Ricotta cheese as a main ingredient and no one could believe it.
There was just a little leftovers and I took them to work to share. A couple people asked for the recipe and a few more ask me to make this again and bring it in to share. Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cake was a hit!
The leftovers that I did have, I stores in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. The cake is very moist and the refrigerator will help keep it from spoiling to quick.
When adding chocolate chips to a cake, toss the chips in a tablespoon or two of all-purpose flour. The flour will help keep the chips from falling to the bottom of the cake and will create a more even distribution of the chocolate chips in the dessert.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cake
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese excess liquid drained
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips dusted with flour
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolk and sugar until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Line the bottom of a 4 or 5 qt slow cooker with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour the batter on top of the parchment paper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until the middle has set.
- Remove the cake by pulling up on both sides of the parchment paper.
- Remove the parchment paper and allow to cool. Slice and enjoy!