7 ingredients in this simple yet delicious Chocolate Lava Cake. Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a dessert the whole family will love.
To make this dessert, first prepare the cake mix according to the box. Then in a second mixing bowl, prepare the pudding according to the package. Spray the bottom of the crock-pot with cooking oil and pour the cake mix batter in first. Next, pour the prepared pudding in the middle of the cake mix. Cover and allow it to cook for 2 hours. Spoon out a scoop with both the cake mix and the pudding into a bowl. Add a little ice cream and serve.
Storing the Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
This dessert should be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Before serving, this can be heated up quickly in the microwave or eaten cold.
Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 3.9 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, add dry cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, mix dry pudding mix and milk.
- Spray the inside of a 4 qt or larger crock-pot with cooking oil.
- Add the cake batter to the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Next, add the pudding mix on top of the cake batter. DO NOT mix the two.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of both batters.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until the cake portion is cooked. (stick a toothpick in the cake portion)
- Serve with a side of ice cream or whipped topping.