Crock-Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
My kids always want cinnamon rolls on Sunday mornings. I love making them for them, but sometimes I just want a little more for them for breakfast.
This casserole gives me what I want while giving my kids what they want. You can add some chopped pecans to this recipe to give it more flavor. I leave out the nuts on mine just because my kids are not fans of pecans.
This casserole can also be made in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a well greased 9×13 baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle has set and the rolls are just starting to brown.
Crock-Pot Cinnamon Sweet Roll Casserole
- 2 Packages Refrigerated Sweet Rolls 8 ct packages
- 5 Medium Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Line the bottom and sides of a 5 qt or larger crock-pot or a casserole dish crock-pot with parchment paper.
- Open your refrigerated sweet rolls and cut each roll into 4 equal parts.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish and pour the melted butter in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Add the cut sweet rolls to the bottom of the crock-pot covering all open spots.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the sweet rolls.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours or until the middle is no longer doughy and springs back to the touch.
- Add hot water to a bowl and add the icing packages to the water.
- Once the icing is melted, squeeze the icing over the top of the casserole spreading with a knife.
- Serve. Enjoy!