6 Ingredients in this tasty and easy to make dip. One that everyone will enjoy!
I am always up for trying new dips. And, my kids love to try any dip with cheese in it! I will say that the kiddos weren’t happy with the black beans, but there was enough other ingredients that they could eat around the beans. I on the other hand, enjoyed dipping my chips in and getting loads of beans and sausage on my chips.
I used a light Pale Ale in this dip. The Pale Ale adds a depth to the recipe without giving it a bitterness. And the nice thing about cooking with beer as any alcohol, the alcohol cooks off in the recipe but the flavor that it adds stays.
Crock-Pot Cowboy Dip
- 1 16 oz Processed American Cheese like velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 Pound Pork Sausage browned, drained and crumbled
- 1 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 10 oz Can of Diced Tomatos and Green Chiles
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Cup Pale Ale Beer
- Add the ingredients to a 4 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve on WARM with tortilla chips or toasted bread.