I love the creamy flavor in this Crock-Pot Crab Rangoon Dip with just the right amount of crab meat in this dip. Definitely reminds me of my favorite Fried Crab Rangoon!
In this easy dip recipe, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, crab meat (you can use lump crab meat or imitation crab meat) and a few other choice ingredients and let it cook in your slow cooker for just a few hours until everything is hot and the cheese is melted.
Use sliced French bread, crackers, or to give an even more authentic flavor you can fry or bake up some wonton wrappers (AKA wonton skins) and use those to dip into this warm and cheesy dip!
What kind of crab can you use for Crab Rangoon Dip?
This is an easy question to answer, you can use any crab for this dip! The easiest is the packages of imitation crab that you find in the seafood/meat section of your grocery store. But, you can also use fresh or frozen crab or crab legs. Just remove the meat from the shell and chop it into bite size pieces.
How long do you cook this dip in the crock-pot?
Once you add all the ingredients, cook this dip on LOW for 2 hours stirring at least once during that time. After, the initial 2 hours, turn the crock-pot to WARM to serve.
Crock-Pot Crab Rangoon Dip
- 2 8 oz Cream Cheese cubed
- 1 12 oz Imitation Crab Meat
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Whole Green Onions sliced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Add all the ingredients to a 3.5 qt or 4 qt crock-pot.
- Mix well.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
HOW TO FRY WONTON CHIPS:
- Add enough vegetable oil to a heavy bottomed pan until you have about 1 inch. I like to use my larger cast iron pan. Turn stove to medium-high heat and heat oil until it reaches 350° F.
- Slice each wonton wrapper into 4ths creating 4 triangles with a knife.
- Cook 5 to 6 wonton skins at a time until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove chips from oil and let rest on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with several layers of paper towels.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.