Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
I am always up for trying new dips. Some, I like better than others, and then some are just not my thing. A friend asked me to try this dip and see what I thought of it.
We had rotisserie chicken for dinner the night before and I used those leftovers for this recipe. I have also use a lot of home canned chicken that I store in my pantry as I like the ease of shredded chicken in pint jars. I know what is in the jars and prefer home canned to many preservatives and I like the ease of popping open a jar and having enough for a recipe.
The end result was a creamy dip that was good on the tortilla chips. If no chips, slices of French bread would also work with this dip. Want to take the heat up a notch? Green Chiles are just a little spicy to me. But, I like HEAT! Chop up 2 fresh jalapeno’s or pickled jalapenos. Mix the jalapenos in with the other ingredients.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese softened and cubed
- 2/3 Cup Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 7 oz Chopped Green Chiles
- 3 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Add the ingredients to a 4 qt or 5 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips