With Easter around the corner, I am always looking for ways to use up the leftover Ham we have from dinner. The kids and I do the usual and slice up ham for ham and eggs in the morning and the usual ham sandwiches for lunch or ham salad. This Crock-Pot Ham and Swiss Dip is a great addition to those activities.
I am always searching for other ways to find other recipes for ham and happened to be at a relatives last year for Easter and she served this wonderful dip Crock-Pot Ham and Swiss Dip.
I took a couple slices of leftover ham and chopped them up into smaller bite size pieces. You need about 2 cups (give or take as it would not hurt to have a little extra ham in this dip) of chopped ham.
I served this dip hot out of the slow cooker. I used a Rye and Pumpernickel swirl bread and sliced the bread into fourths. A plain Rye would be good too or even just some crackers.
Tips for this recipe:
- Leftover ham is the best to use for this recipe. You can also use lunch meat or some stores sell chopped ham in the cold section.
- When a recipe calls for mayonnaise, use mayonnaise and not Miracle Whip. I love Miracle Whip on my sandwiches but mayonnaise has a different taste.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese can be used in substitute for the Swiss Cheese. Slightly different flavor, but still a really good dip.
Crock-Pot Ham and Swiss Dip
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese cubed
- 2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups Cooked Ham diced
- 2 Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Prepared Spicy Brown Mustard
- Add all ingredients to a 4 qt crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve on WARM with pieces of rye bread.