Crock-Pot Honey Roasted Garbanzo Beans.
The first time I had roasted garbanzo beans, I was in love. The little round beans of goodness toasted to perfection! Garbanzo beans are a nice little snack when you roast them plain. Roasting them with a little honey and cinnamon and they are even better.
To make the Honey Roasted Garbanzo Beans, the first thing to do is drain and rinse the beans. You want to remove as many of the bean skins as you can. I soak them in a pan of water. The skins will float to the top of the water. Remove the skins and use your hands to move the beans around. More skins will float to the top. As you can see, I tried to remove all the skins. This can be difficult but the end result is worth it.
Coat the beans and place them in a 5 qt or larger slow cooker. Allow the slow cooker to do the work for you stirring as they cook.
Store the cooked beans in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks….if they last that long!
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Honey Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- 2 12oz Canned Garbanzo Beans drained and rinsed and skins removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Remove any skins that you can. Spread out chickpeas on a paper towel. Pat dry, then let air dry for 45 minutes to an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, olive oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss the dry garbanzo beans in the honey mixture coating all the garbanzo beans.
- Place the beans in a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Spread the beans on a piece of parchment paper and allow them to dry completely.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.