Around here, hot chocolate is a big thing. My kids love using the Keurig machine and getting a hot chocolate in seconds. I purchased some Starbucks Hot Chocolate packs that require heated milk and to stir the packet in that my oldest loves.
Really anything hot and in a fancy cup and my kids will be happy. We do not have any local coffee shops or stores that sell hot beverages. About the most we get here is a local food truck that sells frozen hot chocolate (yes this is a thing and it is awesome!)
I have attended a few parties where Hot Chocolate was in a slow cooker. And it was by far the creamiest and most flavorful hot chocolate I have ever had.
My daughters had a few friends over and I had to try it for them. I added all the ingredients to the slow cooker and put the lid on and let the cooker do the work. Every so often, one of the kids had to check it and see if it was done and they were nice enough to stir it for me.
Two hours later, and the girls were ready for hot chocolate. And they were in Heaven! Full of flavor and creamy!
We topped the hot chocolate with large marshmallows. You can also use crushed peppermint candy, chocolate slivers, or whipped cream.
Crock-Pot Hot Chocolate
- 8 cups Whole Milk
- 1 14oz Canned Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 4oz Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Add all the ingredients to a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours making sure to stir well periodically. The chocolate will melt on the bottom.
- Serve topped with marshmallows, broken pieces of peppermint, or whipped cream.