We love Lemon Squares.. It is one of my families favorite type of dessert bars that I make that everyone loves to snack on. These little bite size snacks taste just like those little Lemon Squares with all their goodness in a small hand snack.
One lemon is all you need to bring the full flavor of this to life. I prefer to zest the lemon prior to juicing it. It makes it easier to have a hard piece of fruit to zest the peel and you get more of the zest this way.
Then slice the lemon and juice it making sure to get any seeds out of the juice before using it in this recipe.
Once you melt the chocolate, slowly add the cereal to the crock-pot stirring as you go to coat each piece of cereal. Then cool the cereal on a baking sheet or on parchment paper on the counter stirring as it cools to get each piece.
Store this snack in a ziploc gallon bag or an airtight contianer for up to one week. Trust me, it will not last that long!
Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies
- 6 Cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 6oz White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 Medium Lemon Juiced
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a 5 qt crock-pot, melt the white almond bark (30 minutes to 1 hour max)
- Add in the juice of one lemon. Stir well.
- Stir in the chex cereal until all pieces are coated.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper or foil on a cookie sheet. Drop the chex mixture onto the paper/foil and spread it out to allow it to dry.
- Once the chocolate has dried, add the powdered sugar to a ziploc bag. Add in the cereal, and toss to coat.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.