A twist on the normal Breakfast Casserole! Crock-Pot Raisin Bread Breakfast Casserole is full of raisins and cinnamons. Great with a little drizzle of maple syrup over the top.
My family loves the taste of a breakfast casserole, and I love the ease of making one prior to going to bed at night and the ability to cook it first thing in the morning!
Crock-Pot Raisin Bread Breakfast Casserole
- 1 5-6 quart slow cooker
- 1 16oz Loaf of Raisin bread cut into cubes
- 7 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- In a bowl, melt the butter in a microwave.
- Place the cubed raising bread in the bottom of a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the butter and stir well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cubed bread.
- Allow the bread to sit for 1 hour to soak up the liquid.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or HIGH for 2 to 2.5 hours or until a fork comes out clean from the middle of the mixture and the sides are slightly brown.
- Serve on WARM with maple syrup.